Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Timothy Wood <tj...@omnigroup.com> on 2012/09/19 19:49:20 UTC

[users@httpd] Possible bug with "If"-predicated MOVE

Using a clean build of httpd-2.4.3, I'm seeing the following behavior:

  * Make a collection
  * Get its ETag with PROPFIND Depth=0
  * Add an item to the collection
  * httpd reports a new ETag for the collection at this point
  * Attempt a MOVE of the collection to a new name, predicated with the OLD ETag, using an "If" header of </src/> (["ETag"])
  * Expect a precondition failure error

I get a proper 412 precondition failure if the source and destination are "/src/" and "/dst/", but if I use percent escapes in the URLs the MOVE spuriously succeeds (for example, if I use "/s%20r%20c/" and "/d%20s%20t/".

I've you'd like to see or try specifically my case, I've submitted a patch to litmus <http://lists.manyfish.co.uk/pipermail/litmus/2012-September/000344.html>.

Thanks!

-tim