Posted to ojb-dev@db.apache.org by Brian McCallister <mc...@forthillcompany.com> on 2004/06/10 16:24:47 UTC

[vote] 1.0 Release Plan

Okay, proposed release plan for OJB 1.0:

At conclusion of this vote push 1.0rc7 immediately (I'll volunteer to
package it etc).
Document all known misfeatures in release notes and docs.
If no new show stoppers appear in one week, relable 1.0rc7 to 1.0 and
release
Have party.

[ ] +1 Finally!
[ ] +0 Yeah, sort of
[ ] -0 Boo, sor of
[ ] -1 Nope, can't do it yet. (Please explain why!)

-Brian

Re: [vote] 1.0 Release Plan

Posted by Jakob Braeuchi <jb...@gmx.ch>.
+1 for 1.0
0 for rc7

jakob

Re: [vote] 1.0 Release Plan

Posted by Armin Waibel <ar...@apache.org>.

Re: [vote] 1.0 Release Plan

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>.
Thomas Dudziak dijo:
> On Thu, 10 Jun 2004, Brian McCallister wrote:
>
>> I think we need the RC as significant bugs have been fixed and it'd be
>> nice to allow verification of the fix. One week more when we have been
>> waiting a year and a half...
>
> But how many users will switch to rc7 if there is a 1.0 ahead ?

I will! (1 user here).

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo

Re: [vote] 1.0 Release Plan

Posted by Robert Sfeir <ro...@codepuccino.com>.
yeah I'm against it, but hey that's just one dude.  I think as a user I
would rather just make one jump, and judging from how we keep our
grubby hands in the code constantly, I just don't see how rc7 will be
the same as 1.0.  This is what we said about rc4, 5, and 6... and yet 6
had what I consider major changes.  Just put 1.0 out when it's ready.
I think another rc sends the wrong message;  It says we're not ready
for 1.0, or they won't let us put out 1.0, we're not confident in our
code, so here is something in the mean time.

At least this is how I see it.

[RESULT] Re: [vote] 1.0 Release Plan

Posted by Brian McCallister <mc...@forthillcompany.com>.
Lots of +1's
one -1 which was retracted.

I will push a release, if I can figure out how to get it up to be
mirrored, tonight.

-Brian

Re: [vote] 1.0 Release Plan

Posted by Thomas Dudziak <to...@first.fhg.de>.