Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Stijn Christiaens <st...@vub.ac.be> on 2006/02/14 17:06:31 UTC

terminator in pipeline

Hello group,

anybody has a clue how to replace the terminator in a pipeline?

Configuration point: tapestry.request.ServletRequestServicerPipeline

<filter name="DecodedRequestInjector"
object="service:DecodedRequestInjector" />
<filter name="SetupRequestEncoding"
object="service:SetupRequestEncoding" />
<terminator object="service:WebRequestServicerPipelineBridge" />

Basically I would like to replace the terminator by one of my own so I
can do some stuff.

--
Ciao,

Stijn

Stijn Christiaens, Researcher
E-mail: stijn.christiaens@vub.ac.be
Phone: +32-2-629 3540
STARLab, Vrije Universiteit Brussel
Pleinlaan 2, Building G10, B-1050 Brussels, Belgium

Re: terminator in pipeline

Posted by Stijn Christiaens <st...@vub.ac.be>.
Thanks! In my attempts I just discovered it myself too. I spent the
whole day, but in the end, the searching is always worth it.

Cannot use JTA data source with Portlet App

Posted by Liu Yan <yl...@gmail.com>.
hi,

T4 + JBoss Portal 2.2.1 + Hibernate 3.1 + Spring 1.2.5

Here is the configuration in the applicationContext.xml file:

<bean id="dataSource" class="org.springframework.jndi.JndiObjectFactoryBean">
  <property name="jndiName" value="java:/jdbc/MyDS"/>
</bean>

This configuration works fine for my other WEB applications running in the same JBoss Portal server. However, when I tried a Portlet App with this configuration, I got the exception of:

JDBCException: Cannot commit during a managed transaction!

The transaction manager definition is:

<bean id="sessionFactory" class="org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.LocalSessionFactoryBean">
  <property name="dataSource" ref="dataSource"/>
</bean>
<bean id="transactionManager" class="org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.HibernateTransactionManager">
  <property name="sessionFactory" ref="sessionFactory"/>
</bean>

I have to use the local data source for this portlet app as:

<bean id="dataSource" class="com.mchange.v2.c3p0.ComboPooledDataSource" destroy-method="close">
  <property name="driverClass" value="${jdbc.driverClassName}"/>
  <property name="jdbcUrl" value="${jdbc.url}"/>
  <property name="user" value="${jdbc.username}"/>
  <property name="password" value="${jdbc.password}"/>
  <property name="loginTimeout" value="${hibernate.c3p0.timeout}"/>
</bean>

The above local data source works fine for the portlet app.

Can somebody explain why the JTA data source doesn't work in Portlet app? Or did I miss something?

Regards,
Liu Yan

Re: terminator in pipeline

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
I know how to override the implementation of a service point via