Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com> on 2002/04/25 18:29:34 UTC

Shutdown of Tomcat 4.03 with Turbine Apps

I deployed the TDK newapp to Tomcat 4.03, and now I cannot shutdown
Tomcat.
With Tomcat 4.01 and all versions before, I could shutdown Tomcat using
the shutdown script.
As with version 4.03 (or perhaps 4.02), I can no longer shutdown Tomcat
with the shutdown script when I have deployed a Turbine webapp to
Tomcat. I used the TDK to create 'newapp', and deployed it to Tomcat
4.03.
I didn't make any requests to the server, but simply shutdown the server
after it started up.
If I remove newapp from the webapps directory, Tomcat 4.03 will shutdown
without hanging.

Ive noticed that Tomcat exits its main thread successfully (Ive put
debug statements in Tomcat source), but the process still hangs on
something, not sure what it is. Has anyone else experienced this?

If I go back to 4.01, Tomcat shutsdown successfully.

RE: Shutdown of Tomcat 4.03 with Turbine Apps

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
Just realized I posted to the wrong list.
Sorry, should've sent this to Turbine User, my apologies