Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by David McWhorter <mc...@ccri.com> on 2014/12/19 18:09:45 UTC

spark-yarn_2.10 1.2.0 artifacts

Hi all,

Thanks for your work on spark!  I am trying to locate spark-yarn jars
for the new 1.2.0 release.  The jars for spark-core, etc, are on maven
central, but the spark-yarn jars are missing.

Confusingly and perhaps relatedly, I also can't seem to get the
spark-yarn artifact to install on my local computer when I run 'mvn
-Pyarn -Phadoop-2.2 -Dhadoop.version=2.2.0 -DskipTests clean install'.
At the install plugin stage, maven reports:

[INFO] --- maven-install-plugin:2.5.1:install (default-install) @
spark-yarn_2.10 ---
[INFO] Skipping artifact installation

Any help or insights into how to use spark-yarn_2.10 1.2.0 in a maven
build would be appreciated.

David

--

David McWhorter
Software Engineer

Re: spark-yarn_2.10 1.2.0 artifacts

Posted by Jong Wook Kim <jo...@nyu.edu>.
I don't think that's the case.

spark-yarn contains `org.apache.spark.deploy.yarn` package, whereas
spark-network-yarn contains `org.apache.spark.network.yarn`, and they do
different things.

The former contains codes for deploying Spark applications to YARN cluster,
and called when running `spark-submit --master yarn...` and the latter
contains a shuffle service that runs in NM process.

While spark-yarn is not a programming interface and normally used only by
Spark toolchain, I need it as a library dependency, for programatically
launching spark application on YARN.

spark-yarn.jar does appear in '/yarn/stable/target` when building Spark
1.2.0 from source code and I'm manually adding that to my maven repository.
But I'd like to know why it is excluded from the maven repo.

Re: spark-yarn_2.10 1.2.0 artifacts

Posted by David McWhorter <mc...@ccri.com>.
Thank you, Sean, using spark-network-yarn seems to do the trick.

Posted by Sean Owen <so...@cloudera.com>.