Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Michael Bien <mb...@gmail.com> on 2022/01/26 16:43:05 UTC

13rc2 experiments

I just started NetBeans 13 rc2 on JDK 19, uninstalled nb-javac 17,
restarted and ran some loom+panama experiments and it all worked very
well. (I don't think disabling nb-javac is sufficient, since something
will enable it again on next start)

No exceptions in the log. Thats pretty cool!

this is basically untested and unsupported, but good to know that it is
still possible.

also keep in mind that every time you change netbeans_jdkhome without
having nb-javac installed, it will cause NB to reindex everything with
the new logic. So maybe do those experiments only with a custom
netbeans_default_cachedir set if you want to avoid that.

good job everyone!

(also yey no dialogs!)

michael