Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Jason Pell <ja...@pellcorp.com> on 2012/11/03 08:52:37 UTC

Cxf codegen m2e plugin

Can anyone point me to info on installing this in eclipse 3.7 running m2e
1.2?

Re: Cxf codegen m2e plugin

Posted by Jason Pell <ja...@pellcorp.com>.
Awesome thanks will try again

Sent from my Galaxy S2

Re: Cxf codegen m2e plugin

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Nov 5, 2012, at 3:48 PM, Jason Pell <ja...@pellcorp.com> wrote:

> For other maven plugins that do code gen such as jaxb a maven m2e plugin is
> installed.

With m2e 1.0, plugins had to have an "external" plugin for m2e to handle the lifecycle things.   With 1.1, m2e provides an API that can be used to wire a maven plugin directly.   The cxf codegen plugin now implements that so the external plugin isn't needed.   (however, that then requires m2e 1.1 or newer).

> So I installed the m2e-code-quality plugins. Do the life cycle
> config in cxf actually execute the maven plugins. I find I need to run mvn
> from command line to get the generated code into the claspath in eclipse.

This may be fixed with the 2.7.1-SNAPSHOT fixes.   When run within m2eclipse, there are two "modes" that occur.  One is a full build and one is incremental.  There were a couple bugs with the incremental build that was causing the generated directories to not be added to the build path.   If you do a full "clean" of the project, it may force the regeneration.

As a quick test, I just imported the wsdl_first sample that we ship into eclipse via the maven project stuff.   That seems to work fine.

Dan

> If it's already supposed to work I can spend the time figuring out why it
> does not.
>
> Sent from my Galaxy S2
> On Nov 6, 2012 2:39 AM, "Daniel Kulp" <dk...@apache.org> wrote:
>

>> On Nov 3, 2012, at 3:52 AM, Jason Pell <ja...@pellcorp.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Can anyone point me to info on installing this in eclipse 3.7 running m2e
>>> 1.2?
>>
>> Not sure what info you are looking for.   WIth 2.7.1-SNAPSHOT, (2.7.0
>> works "ok", but there are fixes in 2.7.1-SNAPSHOT that make it work
>> better), it should just work.   All the m2e lifecycle things are embedded
>> right in the codegen plugin.   Well, for the wsdl2java task.    Not sure
>> about the others.
>>

>> --
>> Daniel Kulp

Daniel Kulp

Re: Cxf codegen m2e plugin

Posted by Jason Pell <ja...@pellcorp.com>.
For other maven plugins that do code gen such as jaxb a maven m2e plugin is
installed. So I installed the m2e-code-quality plugins. Do the life cycle

Re: Cxf codegen m2e plugin

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.