Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net> on 2004/05/01 01:53:58 UTC

RE: Linux account integration

Serge,

> > I'm pretty confident this is the case.  Perhaps someone else can
> > confirm as well.
>
> Reading the docs for the NIS service provider, one of the docs says it
> requires, "A server that speaks the YP Version 2 protocol, such as the
> Solaris/NIS server, and the Solaris/NIS+ server running in YP-compat
> mode." :(

Shoot I was totally wrong! It does speak directly to a NIS server
after all.  My last name might as well have been dumbass like that
commercial.

Sorry for steering you in the wrong direction :(.  That's very
lame that SUN took that route though.  I guess SUN just wanted it to
be portable across platforms hence the reason why its not bundled with
the JDK.  I thought it was.

My Sincerest Appologies,
Alex