Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Greg Passmore <gr...@gemstone.com> on 2002/08/20 04:51:44 UTC

AXIS Type Mapping (was: RE: Axis and Glue)

Is there a way to easily use Axis' type mapping framework without executing with a SOAPMessageContext/Axis Handler? I would like to have a service that returns an arbitrary complexType, where this arbitrary complexType would be generated by some sort of marshalling framework. Right now I am leaning towards Castor, even though my service is going to reside within Axis. In this case my returnType would be of type <xsd:string> but It would contain meaningful complexType data.

-Greg

Posted by Greg Passmore <gr...@gemstone.com>.
What I really want is to have a service that has a return type of Element[] and that returns a variety of XML. This XML would be generated In my service (not my Axis' auto type-mapping). Since I am going to be doing Object->XML conversion in my service layer, I would like to be able to invoke Axis' JAX-RPC type-mapping, but it seems to be tailored specifically to execute within the Axis handler chain (requiring a SOAPMessageContext). Is there a way I can invoke it lower down, in my service layer? The only way I can see to do it is to construct a new SOAPMessageContenxt() before I invoke.

-Greg