Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by sc...@us.ibm.com on 2002/01/17 20:20:04 UTC

Re: xalan produces unexpected output if elements doesn't apply to any template

It sounds like it's hitting the default templates.  See
http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt#built-in-rule.

-scott

                    "Jens von
                    Pilgrim"             To:     "Xalan-J-Users (E-Mail)" <xa...@xml.apache.org>
                    <j.pilgrim@4fl       cc:     (bcc: Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus)
                    ow.de>               Subject:     xalan produces unexpected output if elements doesn't apply
                                          to any template
                    01/17/2002
                    01:59 PM

Hello,

Xalan (2.1.0) is producing some unexpected characters if elements doesn't
apply to any template.
If I call <xsl:apply-templates select="xyz"/> and there's no template
matching "xyz", Xalan
outputs some sort of xyz.getNodeValue(), does it?
Is this the expected behaviour?
(I'm expecting no output in this case but I might be wrong)

Regards,
Jens

Jens von Pilgrim
4flow AG