Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Matt <ma...@fileholder.net> on 2005/03/24 07:07:12 UTC

rewrite_subject 0 lint: 1 issues detected

I am trying to get this "my_rules_du_jour" to work.

http://www.exit0.us/index.php?pagename=RulesDuJour

After the scripts download the rules and try to merge them I get this error.

>Lint output: config: SpamAssassin failed to parse line, skipping:
>rewrite_subject 0
>lint: 1 issues detected.  please rerun with debug enabled for more
>information.

I understand it is due to SA 3.0.2 no longer supporting "rewrite_subject 0".
Question is how do I fix it?

Matt

Re: rewrite_subject 0 lint: 1 issues detected

Posted by Gene Heskett <ge...@verizon.net>.
On Thursday 24 March 2005 01:07, Matt wrote:
>I am trying to get this "my_rules_du_jour" to work.
>
>http://www.exit0.us/index.php?pagename=RulesDuJour
>
>After the scripts download the rules and try to merge them I get
> this error.
>
>>Lint output: config: SpamAssassin failed to parse line, skipping:
>>rewrite_subject 0
>>lint: 1 issues detected.  please rerun with debug enabled for more
>>information.
>
>I understand it is due to SA 3.0.2 no longer supporting
> "rewrite_subject 0". Question is how do I fix it?
>
>Matt
Thats changed to:
rewrite_header Subject [Spam]
in the file local.cf here.
--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

Re: rewrite_subject 0 lint: 1 issues detected

Posted by Rakesh <ra...@netcore.co.in>.
Matt wrote:

>> Lint output: config: SpamAssassin failed to parse line, skipping:
>> rewrite_subject 0
>> lint: 1 issues detected.  please rerun with debug enabled for more
>> information.
>

> I understand it is due to SA 3.0.2 no longer supporting
> "rewrite_subject 0". Question is how do I fix it?

I think this has been changed to rewrite_header or something. You will
get the actual info in the the in the  post Install manuals

Rakesh B. Pal
Emergic CleanMail Team.
Netcore Solutions Pvt. Ltd.

"First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you.
Then they fight you. Then you win."
                                                - M. Gandhi

Re: rewrite_subject 0 lint: 1 issues detected

Posted by crisppy fernandes <cr...@gmail.com>.
> After the scripts download the rules and try to merge them I get this error.
>
> >Lint output: config: SpamAssassin failed to parse line, skipping:
> >rewrite_subject 0
> >lint: 1 issues detected.  please rerun with debug enabled for more
> >information.

To solve this remove from your rules file (local.cf or user_prefs)
these two lines

rewrite_subject 0
subject_tag [spam]

and add new syntax i.e.
rewrite_header Subject [Spam]

and after adding these or any other rules, to debug run

spamassassin --lint -D

this will show you any more errors if there in the file and always
remember to run this command after editing your rules file to
synchronise it.

enjoy
--
Crisppy Fernandes

Re: rewrite_subject 0 lint: 1 issues detected

Posted by Gene Heskett <ge...@verizon.net>.
On Thursday 24 March 2005 01:07, Matt wrote:
>I am trying to get this "my_rules_du_jour" to work.
>
>http://www.exit0.us/index.php?pagename=RulesDuJour
>
>After the scripts download the rules and try to merge them I get
> this error.
>
>>Lint output: config: SpamAssassin failed to parse line, skipping:
>>rewrite_subject 0
>>lint: 1 issues detected.  please rerun with debug enabled for more
>>information.
>
>I understand it is due to SA 3.0.2 no longer supporting
> "rewrite_subject 0". Question is how do I fix it?

Look back up the list to a message that went by earlier today, the
string to do that was changed.  I did it and it works just fine now.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)