Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Peter Lord <pe...@plord.co.uk> on 2013/01/10 23:33:03 UTC

Converting preformatted APT to PDF

Hi All,

I've been battling with trying to get preformatted text converted to pdf
with the maven pdf plug-in (
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-pdf-plugin/ ).

The problem is with long or wide text, the text overflows the paper.
The text is not wrapped by line or by page.  Text never flows to a
second page.

The html output is really nice :-)

The apt source is :-

    +-----+
    large
    number
    of
    lines
    +-----+

I've tried creating pdf-config.xml file :-

    <xsl:stylesheet
             version="1.0"
             xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format">

             <xsl:attribute-set name="body.pre"
    use-attribute-sets="base.pre.style">
                     <xsl:attribute name="font-size">6pt</xsl:attribute>
                     <xsl:attribute name="line-height">7pt</xsl:attribute>
                     <xsl:attribute
    name="keep-together">auto</xsl:attribute>
                     <xsl:attribute
    name="keep-with-next.within-page">auto</xsl:attribute>
                     <xsl:attribute name="wrap-option">wrap</xsl:attribute>
             </xsl:attribute-set>
    </xsl:stylesheet>

but no joy.

Any suggestions to enable wrapping in pdf ?

Many thanks,

Pete

--
Peter Lord

Re: Converting preformatted APT to PDF

Posted by Peter Lord <pe...@plord.co.uk>.
On 11/06/13 14:35, Lukas Theussl wrote:
> Peter Lord wrote:
> >> would

> >> have
> >> >>
> >> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2227797/xls-fo-fop-0-94-using-the-keep-together-with-wrap-option-wrap

> >> can't

> >> wait
> >>

> >> Indeed, that's another issue I had forgotten. Unfortunately, the fop
> >> upgrade to 1.0 is stalled because of
> >>
> >> https://jira.codehaus.org/browse/DOXIA-409
> >>
> >> and I just tried locally to use fop 1.1 and got stuck with a missing
> >> dependency which is apparently known to the fop people:
> >>
> >> http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.text.xml.fop.user/34912
> >>
> >> So waiting for another fop release again... :(
> >>
> >> -Lukas
> >>

> > Hi Lukas / all,
> >
> > Are you aware of any progress in these areas ?
> >
> > I tried using the trunk, 1.3-SNAPSHOT, but this brought in the same fop
> > version.
>
> I haven't checked anything for a long time but the latest FOP version is
> still 1.1, so I don't expect any progress here.
>
> Sorry...
> -Lukas

Okay,

thanks,