Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Carlos-Roberto Queiroz <cq...@bompreco.com.br> on 2003/04/23 23:23:31 UTC

jk load balancing not working properly

      Hello, I´ve been trying to configure load balancing for Tomcat using
both Apache versions 1.3.x and 2.0.x and their respective jk modules
(version 1.2.2), but it seems the round robin policy isn´t working at all.
When I open several browsers I notice a bunch going to one tomcat, then
another bunch (not the same number as first) going for the other one.
Shouldn´t it be tomcat1, tomcat2, tomcat1 and so on ? I tried different
settings for lbfactor in worker.properties file (0, 1, 50 and 100 for both
tomcat workers) but nothing changed. Could anyone give me any suggestion ?

Re: jk load balancing not working properly

Posted by Bill Barker <wb...@wilshire.com>.
AFAIK, load-balancing doesn't work at all for Apache 1.3.x.  It should work
for Apache 2.0.x if you are using the "worker" MPM.  For the "pre-fork" MPM,
the answer is much the same as for Apache 1.3.x.

It isn't that hard to get this to work for Jk2 for
Apache-1.3.x/Apache-2.0.x-pre-fork.  Patches are always welcome :-).

=