Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Devakumar J <ma...@gmail.com> on 2020/07/31 08:50:50 UTC

Question in Continuous Query Remote Filter

Hi All,

We have a setup of 2 servers and 1 client Node. Client node registers CQ on
set of caches.

I just want to temporarily pause and resume CQ notifications based on
certain action at client node.

I was trying to achieve this through remote filter and ignite messaging. I
mean client publish message to all the server nodes to flip the boolean
flag. And remote filter will return true or false based on the flag.

The behavior was inconsistent. Sometime it works and some time i dont see
even the CQ registered properly and when i query SYS.CONTINUOUS_QUERIES,
getting some invalid state exception.

Is there any other way of pausing and resuming CQ notification based on
client side event?

Thanks & Regards,
Devakumar J

Re: Question in Continuous Query Remote Filter

Posted by Evgenii Zhuravlev <e....@gmail.com>.
I believe Java doc should be enough for that:
https://ignite.apache.org/releases/latest/javadoc/org/apache/ignite/cache/query/ContinuousQuery.html

It says:

To stop receiving updates call QueryCursor.close()
<https://ignite.apache.org/releases/latest/javadoc/org/apache/ignite/cache/query/QueryCursor.html#close-->
 method:

 cur.close();

Evgenii

Posted by Evgenii Zhuravlev <e....@gmail.com>.
Hi,

You can just stop the CQ and then register it again if you don't want to
get notifications for some period of time.

Evgenii