Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Jeff Zhou <je...@gmail.com> on 2011/02/18 14:40:37 UTC

What is the end point of a pure crawl?

Hi,

I want to separate parsing from crawling in Nutch. In other words, I want to
crawl thousands of URLs and save the contents in local drive, and parse the
contents later after crawling is completed.

What is the end point (Java class, line of code, etc.) for the crawling?

Thanks,
Jeff

Re: What is the end point of a pure crawl?

Posted by Alexander Aristov <al...@gmail.com>.
hi

don't use the crawl command. it's one-stop command which does everything
from injection to parsing.

instead use dedicated commands: inject, generate etc.

See nutch how-to, step by step section.
http://wiki.apache.org/nutch/NutchTutorial

Best Regards
Alexander Aristov