Posted to c-users@xalan.apache.org by mv...@amadeus.net on 2001/11/15 14:53:10 UTC

ostrstram vs. message callback function

Hello Dave,

I would like to ask a question. You wrote:

"...By the way, transforming to an ostrstream can be extremely
inefficient.  I suggest you take a look at the callback interfaces in
XalanTransformer, which will allow you to get the results of the
transformation directly, rather than writing it to a dynamically allocated
string.  The performance improvement will be considerable."

I did a simple test on HP-UX 11. I performed 100 transformations using
XalanTransformer.transform(), where the output was either ostrstream or a
callback function. The difference was less than 5%. Is your experience
different from mine?

Best regards, Miro.