Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Rice Yeh <ri...@gmail.com> on 2006/07/26 08:59:04 UTC

Run myBlock in Tomcat fail

Hi,
  I follow the insturction in
http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/documentation/g1/1159.html to run the
2.2 version. The result is good in jetty. However, when i run the same block
with tomcat, I always get the following error messages:

Jul 26, 2006 2:53:41 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
SEVERE: Error listenerStart
Jul 26, 2006 2:53:41 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
SEVERE: Context [/cocoon] startup failed due to previous errors

Any clue?

Regards,
Rice

Re: Run myBlock in Tomcat fail

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Rice Yeh wrote:
> Hi,
>   I follow the insturction in
> http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/documentation/g1/1159.html to run the
> 2.2 version. The result is good in jetty. However, when i run the same block
> with tomcat, I always get the following error messages:
>
> Jul 26, 2006 2:53:41 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
> SEVERE: Error listenerStart
> Jul 26, 2006 2:53:41 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
> SEVERE: Context [/cocoon] startup failed due to previous errors
>
> Any clue?

Are you using the latest version? I checked in a fix yesterday for the
web.xml; the doctype was missing. So you could check your web.xml. If it
does not contain a doctype, add it and try again :)
If that is not the problem, can you post more information?

I'm running latest Cocoon 2.2 in Tomcat (5.0 and 5.5) without problems.

Carsten
http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/