Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Mats <ma...@delaval.com> on 2012/08/27 09:25:44 UTC

Wicket 6.0.0 + Netbeans + Atmosphere

Hi,

I just tried to get Atmosphere up and running in Wicket 6.0.0-beta3 using
Netbeans 7.2...

I have just added the jars needed one by one. Still I get some runtime error
at startup;

  @Override
  public void init() {
    super.init();
    eventBus = new EventBus(this);  <---- SEVERE:
WebModule[/WebUI_2]PWC1270: Exception starting filter WicketApplication ...
  }

So, my question is; *Exactly what jars do I need to include in my project?*
I'm using NetBeans with Glassfish 3.1.2

This is the included jars so far...
http://apache-wicket.1842946.n4.nabble.com/file/n4651521/jars.png

Anyone that could help me?

Re: Wicket 6.0.0 + Netbeans + Atmosphere

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hi,

There must be a more detailed exception in the logs explaining what
exactly is the problem.

There were several fixes to wicket-atmosphere since beta3. Create a
quickstart with 6.0-SNAPSHOT from
http://wicket.apache.org/start/quickstart.html and then add your
Atmosphere related code.
Wicket 6.0.0 is being voted and most likely will be released in the
next few days.

On Mon, Aug 27, 2012 at 9:25 AM, Mats <ma...@delaval.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just tried to get Atmosphere up and running in Wicket 6.0.0-beta3 using
> Netbeans 7.2...
>
> I have just added the jars needed one by one. Still I get some runtime error
> at startup;
>
>   @Override
>   public void init() {
>     super.init();
>     eventBus = new EventBus(this);  <---- SEVERE:
> WebModule[/WebUI_2]PWC1270: Exception starting filter WicketApplication ...
>   }
>
> So, my question is; *Exactly what jars do I need to include in my project?*
> I'm using NetBeans with Glassfish 3.1.2
>
> This is the included jars so far...
> http://apache-wicket.1842946.n4.nabble.com/file/n4651521/jars.png
>
> Anyone that could help me?

Martin Grigorov
jWeekend
Training, Consulting, Development
http://jWeekend.com

Re: Wicket 6.0.0 + Netbeans + Atmosphere

Posted by Mats <ma...@delaval.com>.
That is correct...

I now tried to add some stuff in my web.xml and include the atmosphere.xml
from the example files... but I'm probaly still doing something wrong
-------> SEVERE: failed to initialize atmosphere framework

And probably I should try to include the same jars as in the example
project...

So I think i vill give this up for the moment

This is my web.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<web-app version="3.0" xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee"
http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee/web-app_3_0.xsd">
    <filter>
        <filter-name>WicketApplication</filter-name>

<filter-class>org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.WicketFilter</filter-class>
        <init-param>
            <param-name>applicationClassName</param-name>
            <param-value>asterix.webui.WebUI</param-value>
        </init-param>
        <init-param>
            <param-name>configuration</param-name>
            <param-value>deployment</param-value>
        </init-param>
    </filter>
    <filter-mapping>
        <filter-name>WicketApplication</filter-name>
        <url-pattern>/wicket/*</url-pattern>
    </filter-mapping>
    <session-config>
        <session-timeout>
            30
        </session-timeout>
    </session-config>
    <welcome-file-list>
        <welcome-file/>
    </welcome-file-list>
    <servlet>
        <servlet-name>AtmosphereApplication</servlet-name>
        <servlet-class>org.atmosphere.cpr.AtmosphereServlet</servlet-class>
        <init-param>
            <param-name>applicationClassName</param-name>
            <param-value>asterix.webui.WebUI</param-value>
        </init-param>
        <init-param>
            <param-name>org.atmosphere.useWebSocket</param-name>
            <param-value>true</param-value>
        </init-param>
        <init-param>
            <param-name>org.atmosphere.useNative</param-name>
            <param-value>true</param-value>
        </init-param>
        <init-param>

<param-name>org.atmosphere.cpr.CometSupport.maxInactiveActivity</param-name>
            <param-value>30000</param-value>
        </init-param>
        <init-param>
            <param-name>filterMappingUrlPattern</param-name>
            <param-value>/atmosphere/*</param-value>
        </init-param>
        <init-param>

<param-name>org.atmosphere.websocket.WebSocketProtocol</param-name>

<param-value>org.atmosphere.websocket.protocol.EchoProtocol</param-value>
        </init-param>
        <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
    </servlet>
    <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>AtmosphereApplication</servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>/atmosphere/*</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>
</web-app>

This is the atmosphere.xml

<atmosphere-handlers>
    <atmosphere-handler context-root="/*"
class-name="org.atmosphere.handler.ReflectorServletProcessor">
    <property name="filterClassName"
value="org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.WicketFilter" />
    </atmosphere-handler>
</atmosphere-handlers>

Re: Wicket 6.0.0 + Netbeans + Atmosphere

Posted by Emond Papegaaij <em...@topicus.nl>.
You probably did not setup Atmosphere. Wicket-Atmosphere requires Atmosphere
to be available in your web application. Please consult the documentation of
Atmosphere for instructions. You can also take a look at wicket-examples
(especially web.xml and atmosphere.xml), which includes a working Wicket-
Atmosphere example.

Best regards,
Emond