Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Slonim, Greg (USAEO)" <Gr...@usdoj.gov> on 2009/09/30 15:22:23 UTC

Dojo plugin deprecation and use of modern Dojo widgets

I understand that the Dojo plugin is deprecated.
We have an application that uses Dojo widgets for all input UI.

Well, if we use Dojo widgets for all UI elements, it means we are not
using struts form tags.
That means we cannot truly use all built-in wonderful things like
automagical field binding, validation, etc.

Of course I understand that we could write our own theme where we render
dojo widgets in templates as opposed to plain HTML.

The question is -> Is there such thing as modern Dojo (1.3+) coexistence
with Struts2 so that we can use all the great Struts2 built-in magic?

Thank you

Greg