Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by Luc Castera <lu...@gmail.com> on 2009/10/08 00:57:00 UTC

Rendering a gadget on my container application using shindig instance on another domain

Greetings,

I've started integrating a social network that I wrote in Rails with
Shindig (using the Java version). So far, I've implemented the
PeopleService, AppdataService, and ActivityService. I've tested that
with curl so far and it seems like I'm in the right direction.

My next move was to try to render a gadget on my Rails app. So I
basically copied the content of the sample1.html into my Rails app to
test it out: I copied the JS files into my Rails project and wrote the
html/js on my rails app.

The gadget is getting drawn but it looks like it is going to my Rails
application when trying to reach the rendering server with path '/ifr'.

I'm trying to find where to configure it to make the '/ifr' call to the
shindig instance instead. Could someone help me out there? Am I on the
right path? If yes, where can I configure that? If no, what am I doing
wrong?

FYI, I run the rails app locally on localhost:3000 and the shindig
server is running at localhost:8080.

Thanks for helping me out with this,

--
______________________
Luc Castera

Re: Rendering a gadget on my container application using shindig instance on another domain

Posted by Kevin Brown <et...@google.com>.
On Wed, Oct 7, 2009 at 3:57 PM, Luc Castera <lu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I've started integrating a social network that I wrote in Rails with
> Shindig (using the Java version). So far, I've implemented the
> PeopleService, AppdataService, and ActivityService. I've tested that
> with curl so far and it seems like I'm in the right direction.
>
> My next move was to try to render a gadget on my Rails app. So I
> basically copied the content of the sample1.html into my Rails app to
> test it out: I copied the JS files into my Rails project and wrote the
> html/js on my rails app.
>
> The gadget is getting drawn but it looks like it is going to my Rails
> application when trying to reach the rendering server with path '/ifr'.
>
> I'm trying to find where to configure it to make the '/ifr' call to the
> shindig instance instead. Could someone help me out there? Am I on the
> right path? If yes, where can I configure that? If no, what am I doing
> wrong?

You need to fully qualify the url of the gadget renderer (the sample code
just points to a relative location).