Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by eduardomaino <ed...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/07 00:51:13 UTC

Reloading Data from Remote Repository

I'm working on a project that uses Magnolia to create and edit all content
used by our application.

We configured Jackrabbit to be used along Glassfish to access the same
repository that is used by Magnolia. When we start the server, Jackrabbit
successfully gets all the content from Magnolia's repository and saves it on
its local repository.

The problem is: when I change a text content in Magnolia, I need to restart
the server to have this change reflected on the Jackrabbit repository.

I've tried to use <FileSystem
class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.fs.mem.MemoryFileSystem"/> on my workspace
configuration, but even so it looks like Jackrabbit keeps some kind of
cache.

Is it possible to force Jackrabbit to get everything from a remote
repository instead of trying to get things from its local one?

My next test will be to check the source from the JCR Connector to see where
it refreshes the local repository.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. I'm stuck with this problem for over a
week now.

AW: Reloading Data from Remote Repository

Posted by Kurz Wolfgang <wo...@gwvs.de>.
Have you thought about clustering?

We have a setup that has like 5 applications using the same repository by clustering the repository.

Not sure if it is what you are looking for but its worth to check it out.