Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by "Gayard, Leonel" <Le...@gft.com> on 2008/01/25 17:51:33 UTC

T4.0.2: Shell component, and what is $content$ ?

Hi.

[Newbie here]. In the quick-start guide, howard presents component Shell inside the HTML tag. But in the documentation of component Shell, it is advised to use the normal HTML tag, and use Shell inside a span tag, and wrap this last one in another span tag, with a $content$ attribute.

So, it there a correct way to use component Shell ? What is $content$ and how should it be used ?

Leonel Aguilar Gayard

Re: T4.0.2: Shell component, and what is $content$ ?

Posted by Alejandro Scandroli <al...@gmail.com>.
Hi Leonel

> So, it there a correct way to use component Shell ? What is $content$ and how should it be used ?

Both options are correct.
Here is the $component$ documentation:
http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry4.1/UsersGuide/template.html#$content$%20jwcid
I highly recommend you read the whole page.

Alejandro.

--
Alejandro Scandroli - http://weblog.amneris.es/
Amneris: We build process-driven web applications.