Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Muthuswamy S <sm...@gmail.com> on 2022/05/12 01:36:17 UTC

Kafka Consumer Partition Non Uniform Data Fetch/Pull

Hi,
We are using open source Confluent Kafka deployed in Kubernetes. We have
less consumers than the partitions and as such we have multiple Kafka
partitions assigned to each consumer pod. We observed some of these
partitions have higher lag than the other, it seems the consumer is
prioritizing some partitions over others. Our messages are different in
sizes and we have set max bytes per message and overall partition fetch
size too.

How can we ensure to process Round Robin mode in Kafka Consumer with the
partitions assigned to it? Can you pls help?

--
thanks,
Muthuswamy.S