Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by James Coltman <ja...@majorband.co.uk> on 2002/02/28 17:47:42 UTC

Unique Id Service

What has happened to the unique id generation service that was in 2.1?

Is it in Stratum, Fulcrum, or has it been removed?

James

[repost] Re: Unique Id Service

Posted by Kelvin Tan <ke...@relevanz.com>.
Posted this a couple days back. Trying my luck again..

Posted by Kelvin Tan <ke...@relevanz.com>.

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>

Re: Unique Id Service

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>.
There is a decent class for unique id generation in Commons Util
(historical note: the code dates all the way back to the early JServ
days).

RE: Unique Id Service

Posted by James Coltman <ja...@majorband.co.uk>.
That's what my research seemed to show. Is this something that might end up
in Stratum?

james

Re: Unique Id Service

Posted by John McNally <jm...@collab.net>.

Re: Unique Id Service

Posted by Jon Scott Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com>.
on 2/28/02 8:47 AM, "James Coltman" <ja...@majorband.co.uk> wrote:

> What has happened to the unique id generation service that was in 2.1?
>
> Is it in Stratum, Fulcrum, or has it been removed?
>
> James

It is in Torque.

-jon