Posted to dev@storm.apache.org by 손 시운 <ss...@kangwon.ac.kr> on 2016/09/05 13:57:23 UTC

How do I compile a customized Storm project?

Hi, I'm studying Storm source code and I want to customize a part of storm-core project in Eclipse. I hope that I'll modify existing source code in src folder of my project and test code in test folder.So, I made a maven project, which has word count topology in test folder. And then I made it refer storm-core project as parent.Next I brought TopologyBuilder.java in my project and modified it in order to log in console when createTopology() method was called.Finally I checked the log message in console as i desired. But, the problem came up when I brought clojure source code.First I brought LocalCluster.clj and problem is nothing. However when I brought the others (e.g. nimbus.clj), it was not running.Error messages was difference each other as I brought one. Is my project a problem? Please advice for me.I'm attaching my project. (The pom.xml of storm-core is modified that packaging is pom.) Many thanks.

Re: How do I compile a customized Storm project?

Posted by Bobby Evans <ev...@yahoo-inc.com.INVALID>.
Ya I don't think what you are doing is going to work.  We are doing some kind of crazy things with clojure and I'm not sure that making your fork of storm-core a maven project child of a modified storm-core is the right way to go.  In general it is a lot simpler if you leave storm-core in place and use git to keep track of the changes you have made on top of it instead of what you are doing now.

Also be sure to package your release using the storm-dist/binary project directory or it might not have everything placed in the proper locations for it to work.
 - Bobby

    On Monday, September 5, 2016 9:43 AM, 손 시운 <ss...@kangwon.ac.kr> wrote:

 #yiv6414766332 .yiv6414766332TerraceMsg {font-size:12px;font-family:Dotum, Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif;}#yiv6414766332 .yiv6414766332Bold {font-weight:bold;}Hi, I'm studying Storm source code and I want to customize a part of storm-core project in Eclipse. I hope that I'll modify existing source code in src folder of my project and test code in test folder.So, I made a maven project, which has word count topology in test folder. And then I made it refer storm-core project as parent.Next I brought TopologyBuilder.java in my project and modified it in order to log in console when createTopology() method was called.Finally I checked the log message in console as i desired. But, the problem came up when I brought clojure source code.First I brought LocalCluster.clj and problem is nothing. However when I brought the others (e.g. nimbus.clj), it was not running.Error messages was difference each other ! as I brought one. Is my project a problem? Please advice for me.I'm attaching my project. (The pom.xml of storm-core is modified that packaging is pom.) Many thanks.