Posted to user@cayenne.apache.org by Hugi Thordarson <hu...@karlmenn.is> on 2016/02/29 13:25:58 UTC

Counting the number of destination objects for a to-many relationship (or checking if empty)

Hi all,

Is there any simple way or me to count the number of destination objects of a to-many relationship? (without fetching) If not, is there some way to generate an expression from a relationship, so I can use that expression in my own counting functions?

Cheers,
- hugi

Re: Counting the number of destination objects for a to-many relationship (or checking if empty)

Posted by Hugi Thordarson <hu...@karlmenn.is>.
> Hmm, I'll look into the connection issue.  Perhaps I did something
> incorrectly.  I'll look at your CayenneUtils.  Always in the market for
> more ideas.  :-)

I think it was something I did while I was attempting to adapt the code for Cayenne 4.0. It was in my early Cayenne days, so I should really look into it again.

> I really should get around to finishing/updating/expanding/etc CBE ... one
> of these days.

:)

- hugi

Posted by Michael Gentry <mg...@masslight.net>.