Posted to dev@jena.apache.org by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org> on 2018/12/30 15:51:25 UTC

[DRAFT] Apache Jena - January 2019

Draft board report for the January board meeting:

Jena is a framework for developing Semantic Web and Linked Data
applications in Java. It provides implementation of W3C standards for
RDF and SPARQL.

## Issues:

There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.

## Activity:

The project is currently voting on the 3.10.0 in line with the 3-4 month
cycle as and when volunteer time is available.

The git repo was migrated seamlessly to gitbox - excellent process by INFRA.

The project has received a significant contribution of a GeoSPARQL
ending and the team is migrating from the custom spatial query solution
to the Open Geospatial Consortium standards based one.

The project is also retiring some unused modules that do not receive
attention and have had very little in the way of user questions over the
last few years.

## Health report:

The project is at normal levels of activity, with JIRA and git pull
requests getting being responded to, and the users list remains active.
There are also many questions asked and answered on stackoverflow where
answers come from a wider community.

## PMC changes:

  - Currently 13 PMC members.
  - Last PMC addition was Chris Tomlinson on Sun Apr 29 2018

## Committer base changes:

  - Currently 17 committers.
  - Last committer addition was Aaron Coburn at Mon Jun 18 2018

## Releases:

  - Last release was Jena 3.9.0 on Fri Sep 28 2018

## JIRA activity:

Re: [DRAFT] Apache Jena - January 2019

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
Submitted ... including updating for "currently voting" -> "has just
for" and

 > ## Releases:
 >
 >   - Last release was Jena 3.9.0 on Fri Sep 28 2018

- 3.10.0 was released on Sun Dec 30 2018

     Andy

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
On 30/12/2018 22:22, Bruno P. Kinoshita wrote:
> +1
>
> Not sure if worth, but maybe we can state that users were informed about the modules being retired (I remember seeing an e-mail some time ago in the jena-users?).

That would be:

https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/edd5876b070f24091e19b5c1dd274ef46c74a0f920d419a29a59f66b@%3Cusers.jena.apache.org%3E

Posted by ajs6f <aj...@apache.org>.
LGTM-- one possible typo: "standards based" => "standards-based". At least, that's how I've usually seen it.

ajs6f