Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Rui Oliveira <ol...@ipn.pt> on 2002/06/12 16:26:23 UTC

Tomcat does not Auto-reload.

Hello,

My Tomcat does not auto-reloads the servlets. Whenever I compile my
servlets, I place them under the WEB-INF/classes dir, but they simple do
not auto-reload. I have to restart TOMCAT before the update takes
effect.

Can someone tell me why?

I'm using Tomcat 4.0.1 on RedHat 7.2 (kernel 2.4.7). GLibc 2.2.4.

Thx

Rui

Re: Tomcat does not Auto-reload.

Posted by RNivas <rn...@hotpop.com>.
Class loader in any application/Webserver works under the mechanism
designed. Most of the time Classloader for the tomcat does not reload the
object of new servlet, untill you restart the tomcat. Its general problem
with, tomcat.

Addition to above read server.xml, you will find like...

//////////////*****************************/////////
 You can specify the "showDebugInfo" attribute to control whether
         debugging information is displayed in Tomcat's default responses.
         This debugging information includes:
             1. Stack traces for exceptions
             2. Request URI's that cause status codes >= 400
         The default is "true", so you must specify "false" to prevent
         the debug information from appearing.  Since the debugging
         information reveals internal details about what Tomcat is serving,
         set showDebugInfo="false" if you wish increased security.
///********************************///////////////

 <Context path="/Root"
                 docBase="webapps/Root"
                 crossContext="false"
                 debug="0"
                 reloadable="true" >

//////*********************////////

make reloadable="true"  in your server.xml file....

This will ressolve your problem around 70% not 100%

:)
Wishes
RNivas

Posted by FEDERICO MARTIN LARA <i5...@uco.es>.
I have to delete the temporal files in work directory, then I don?t to
restart Tomcat again.
Try this.

Posted by FEDERICO MARTIN LARA <i5...@uco.es>.
You can also place the jar file of the Oracle driver in the WEB-INF/lib
directory of the jakarta context that you are using at the time.

This works with the MySQL jar driver.