Posted to users@maven.apache.org by jan_bar <he...@yahoo.com> on 2005/09/19 18:32:34 UTC

ejb and war plugins (maven 1.1 beta2)

Hi,

ejb plugin places the EJB client code in repository in ejbs/<my client>.jar.
However the war plugin uses only type=jar dependencies:

(maven-war-plugin-1.6.1/plugin.jelly, line 149)

<j:if test="${dep.type =='jar'}">
<ant:copy todir="${webapp.build.lib}" file="${lib.path}"/>
</j:if>

Seems like bug. How can I add my EJB client jar to WAR?

Thanks, Jan

RE: ejb and war plugins (maven 1.1 beta2)

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com>.

I've just done that and committed the change. Sorry again and thanks guys
for fixing this :-)

-Vincent

Posted by Arnaud HERITIER <ah...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Arnaud HERITIER <ah...@gmail.com>.
I published a snapshot

Posted by Arnaud HERITIER <ah...@gmail.com>.

Posted by jan_bar <he...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks Arnaud,

one more question: If I want to create my patch, which version of the plugin
should I use so it will not conflict with war plugin patch once published?
WAR plugin is now 1.6.1, can I name it 1.6.1-patch? I think that there
should be only number on the version, so 1.6.1.1 would be better?

Posted by Arnaud HERITIER <ah...@gmail.com>.
On 9/20/05, jan_bar <he...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MPWAR-50.
>
> I am starting with maven and j2ee, so my opinion may be of small value.
> For
> now I added:
> <j:if test="${dep.type =='ejb'}">
> <ant:copy todir="${webapp.build.lib}" file="${lib.path}"/>
> </j:if>

It's good.

Thanks, Jan

> PS: Can I create dependency on plugin patch? Or at least check if the
> plugin
> is of certain version and issue bug during build? The problem is that the
> dependency is silently skipped.

You can create a dependency on your project to use a GIVEN version of a
plugin.
<!-- Maven STAT CVS Plugin -->
<dependency>
<groupId>statcvs</groupId>
<artifactId>maven-statcvs-plugin</artifactId>
<version>2.7</version>
<type>plugin</type>
<url>http://statcvs-xml.berlios.de/maven-plugin/</url>
</dependency>

We also created a new tag to check if a minimal version of a plugin is
available but it will not help you because :
- it's in the plugin-plugin which isn't yet released
- it will move your problem because your build will fail if you don"t have
at least this new version of the plugin-plugin.
A workaround is to copy the code in your maven.xml :
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/maven-1/plugins/trunk/plugin/plugin.jelly
definition, search for :

<define:tag name="assertPluginAvailable">

usage :

<assert:assertPluginAvailable groupId="maven"
artifactId="maven-artifact-plugin" minRelease="1.3"
neededBy="${plugin.artifactId}"/>

Arnaud
Arnaud

Posted by jan_bar <he...@yahoo.com>.