Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by Alice K <al...@hotmail.com> on 2002/05/18 12:49:17 UTC

Standard does not work with the recently released resin-2.1.1

It seems that the beta2 does not work with the newly released resin-2.1.1.

When I runs the examples, the following error raised:

/standard-examples/conditionals/Choose.jsp:13: c:when must have a 'value'
attribute.

Re: Standard does not work with the recently released resin-2.1.1

Posted by Shawn Bayern <ba...@essentially.net>.
On Sat, 18 May 2002, Alice K wrote:

> It seems that the beta2 does not work with the newly released resin-2.1.1.
>
> When I runs the examples, the following error raised:
>
> /standard-examples/conditionals/Choose.jsp:13: c:when must have a 'value'
> attribute.

Hi Alice.  Thanks for the report, but I believe it's erroneous; this isn't
a problem in Jakarta Taglibs's Standard Taglib (the JSTL reference
implementation).  The problem you're experiencing is a bug in Resin's
implementation of JSTL.

To get the issue fixed, I suggest you report the problem to the folks at
Caucho.  Their implementation looks great so far; the error you're
experiencing is just a minor issue related to the name of the attribute
that their "JstlChooseGenerator" class looks for.

Hope that helps.  I'm personally excited to see other implementations of
JSTL appearing -- especially from Resin.

--
Shawn Bayern
"JSP Standard Tag Library"   http://www.jstlbook.com