Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Todd McGrath <to...@yahoo.com> on 2000/07/06 17:52:18 UTC

quotes in Exec task

Hi,

I using an exec task and having problems with quotes.
I need to run this command: ss get "$/Gen II/JSP/" -R
-W

So, in my build.xml I have the following:

<exec dir="${web}" command="ss get \"$/Gen II/JSP/\"
-R -W" output="sslog.txt" />

See how I need the quotes around the $/Gen II/JSP/.

I'm getting this error:

BUILD CONFIG ERROR

Whitespace required before attributes.
build.xml:56: Whitespace required before attributes.
Exception in thread "main" build.xml:56: Whitespace
require before attributes.
     at
org.apache.tools.ant.ProjectHelper.parse(ProjectHelper.java:112)
     at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.runBuild(Main.java,
Compiled Code)

Any ideas?

Todd

http://im.yahoo.com/

Re: quotes in Exec task

Posted by Fergus Gallagher <Fe...@OrbisUK.com>.
XML allows double or single quote as attribute delimiters, so you can use

         command='ss get "$/Gen II/JSP/" -R -W'

or (probably)

         command="ss get '$/Gen II/JSP/' -R -W"

--
Fergus Gallagher
Orbis

RE: quotes in Exec task

Posted by Conor MacNeill <co...@m64.com>.
Todd,

Since the build file is XML, try using &quot; rather than the \". I think
that will work. Also you may need to double up the $ character.

Conor

--
Conor MacNeill
Home: conor@m64.com