Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "Buckler, Christine" <Ch...@nordstrom.com> on 2017/12/19 22:20:59 UTC

start with techproducts example in docker

What is the correct syntax to start the techproducts example in docker?

I am using
“$ docker run --name tech-demo -d -p 8983:8983 -t solr –e techproducts“
which immediately exits.

Re: start with techproducts example in docker

Posted by Rick Leir <rl...@leirtech.com>.
Christine
I think this is a long-lived docker container , meaning that it does not all terminate after the command you showed. If so, you should be able to start a console or ssh session to it. Have a look at the solr.log. Better still, start the techproducts example within this ssh session, and see what errors occur.
Cheers -- Rick

Re: start with techproducts example in docker

Posted by Shawn Heisey <ap...@elyograg.org>.
On 12/19/2017 3:20 PM, Buckler, Christine wrote:
> What is the correct syntax to start the techproducts example in docker?
>
> I am using
> “$ docker run --name tech-demo -d -p 8983:8983 -t solr –e techproducts“
> which immediately exits.

As I said before, the Solr project has not produced any docker images.
You will need to talk to whoever created the docker image about how
their specific image works.

If it was your creation, then you can ask us questions about starting
Solr in general, but I don't have any idea about the docker part of it.
Some members of this list will have general docker knowledge, but
probably will not have any specific knowledge about the image that you
are using.

I have looked a little bit into one docker image for Solr, but I do not
know if it is the same docker image that you are using.  What I learned
tells me that the person who created the image did NOT ask this mailing
list any questions while they were creating it.  If they had, the image
would have been set up VERY differently.

FYI, the "-e" examples are not intended for production.  They are
examples.  It is usually not possible to restart an example with the
"-e" option in the same way that it is initially started.

Thanks,
Shawn