Posted to dev@bloodhound.apache.org by Sathishkumar Duraisamy <be...@gmail.com> on 2015/01/30 20:41:04 UTC

Request for changing Add Permission method

Hi,

Adding permission has been difficult when we adding for new group or user.
Request to have a user interface for adding permission similar to Django
Admin page will be good.

Sathishkumar D

Re: Request for changing Add Permission method

Posted by Olemis Lang <ol...@gmail.com>.
On 2/2/15, Sathishkumar Duraisamy <be...@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]
> I have attached screenshot of section for giving permissions for user.

Please do not attach images to messages posted to ASF mailing lists .
For instance , in this case image(s) did not arrive into my inbox .
Recommended procedure is to upload image onto public image sharing
site e.g. picpaste.com or ASF's paste bin service [1]_ [2]_ and
include the link in your message .

[...]

.. [1] https://paste.apache.org/

.. [2] http://apaste.info/

Olemis - @olemislc

Apache(tm) Bloodhound contributor
http://issues.apache.org/bloodhound
http://blood-hound.net

Blog ES: http://simelo-es.blogspot.com/
Blog EN: http://simelo-en.blogspot.com/

Featured article:

Re: Request for changing Add Permission method

Posted by Gary Martin <ga...@wandisco.com>.
​​

On 2 February 2015 at 20:19, Ryan J Ollos <rj...@apache.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 2, 2015 at 8:55 AM, Gary Martin <ga...@wandisco.com>
> wrote:
>
> > On 2 February 2015 at 15:28, Sathishkumar Duraisamy <
> > bewithsathish@gmail.com
> > > wrote:

> > Django

> screen
> > >>

> > > I have attached screenshot of section for giving permissions for user.
> > >

> > ​The screenshot spoken of seems not to be attached. It is probably
> > something to do with the mailing list setup.
> > ​o be
> > I assume that this is what is meant: https://paste.apache.org/edCx
> >
> > Cheers,
> >     Gary
> >

> It hasn't been explicitly stated, but I'll assume the feature request is to
> assign multiple permissions to a user in a single form submit. The
> multiselect combo box appears to allow permissions to be quickly selected
> and then assigned in a single submit.
>
> I expect some modification of the server-side code is required, so created
> the feature request in Trac:
> http://trac.edgewall.org/ticket/11946

I think it is definitely a nicer control to work with. If anyone wants to
have a stab at writing it for bloodhound, there would be nothing wrong with
seeing if trac would subsequently adopt it.

Cheers,
    Gary

Re: Request for changing Add Permission method

Posted by Ryan J Ollos <rj...@apache.org>.

Posted by Gary Martin <ga...@wandisco.com>.

​

Posted by Sathishkumar Duraisamy <be...@gmail.com>.