Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Michael Nicholson <ma...@email.unc.edu> on 2002/09/18 22:16:53 UTC

More issues w/ JNDI environment...

Ok.  So I admit I'm confused.  Maybe even awfully confused.  I'm trying to set up the dbcp from commons, so I copied commons-collections.jar, dbcp.jar, and commons-pool.jar into my /common/lib directory.  I have a dirt simple jsp that should just connect w/ the pool and then count how many records there are.  I'm trying to connect to the oracle database to do that, but it fails with the ubiquitous "javax.servlet.ServletException: Cannot instantiate class: org.apache.naming.java.javaURLContextFactory."  It fails on the line
Context initContext = new InitialContext();

The file compiles fine, so I assume it's finding it's libraries ok, but I can't get past this.  I do have my server.xml and web.xml modified, but I'm supposing not correctly.  I'm using tomcat 4.0.x from within sunOne studio (forte), and will be moving it to tomcat 4.0.3 running under Solaris (haven't bothered moving it yet).

Any suggestions?  I can certainly post the server.xml and web.xml if that helps, but I figured I've used enough of everyone's time by now.

Thanks for reading...

Michael Nicholson,
Carolina Center for Public Service