Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by bkbonner <br...@paraware.com> on 2007/09/04 04:08:01 UTC

Error in Eclipse Plugin trying to start network server

I realized security was tightened a bit on the network server in Derby
10.3.1.4.  When I try to start the network server in Eclipse, I get a popup
saying something to the effect of:

Attempting to start server on port 1527

but i the console, I see:

Cannot find derbynet.jar on the classpath.

Any thoughts on this?

Brian

Re: Error in Eclipse Plugin trying to start network server

Posted by bkbonner <br...@paraware.com>.
Aaron, I removed and readded the derby nature and then moved the 4 core
classes up higher in the classpath export--they were at the bottom behind
the derbynet-10.3.1.4 which was imported by maven.

I was able to start it OK.  Is there any reason I can't use the maven
defined files???  If the other derbynet.jar was on the classpath, why do I
need to add the ones from the plugin?

Brian

Posted by bkbonner <br...@paraware.com>.

Posted by Aaron J Tarter <aj...@gmail.com>.

On 9/3/07, bkbonner <br...@paraware.com> wrote:

> I realized security was tightened a bit on the network server in Derby
> 10.3.1.4.  When I try to start the network server in Eclipse, I get a
> popup
> saying something to the effect of:
>
> Attempting to start server on port 1527
>
> but i the console, I see:
>
> Cannot find derbynet.jar on the classpath.
>
> Any thoughts on this?
>
> Brian

Aaron J Tarter