Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Chris Colman <ch...@stepaheadsoftware.com> on 2012/04/04 09:42:10 UTC

IE redirect error with recent snapshot due to extra './'

After upgrading to the latest Wicket snapshot a few days ago we now
experience an IE specific problem when we redirect after successful log
on:

It only happens for me on IE. On FireFox it works perfectly.

I've tracked it down to the 'continue to destination' that occurs after
a successful log in on the redirected authentication page.

On FireFox the 'continue' attempts to render:

http://acme1.acme.testurl.mydomain.com.au/myAdminPage

but on IE the redirect attempts to render:

http://acme1.acme.testurl.mydomain.com.au/./myAdminPage
<http://acme1.acme.testurl.mydomain.com.au/myAdminPage>

Note the extra './' before myAdminPage

There is no page mounted at ./myAdminPage and so we get a Tomcat error.

Note: this was verified on IE8 but may happen on other IE versions also.

Yours sincerely,

Chris Colman

Pagebloom Team Leader,
Step Ahead Software

pagebloom - your business & your website growing together

Sydney: (+61 2) 9656 1278     Canberra: (+61 2) 6100 2120
Email: chrisc@stepahead.com.au <ma...@stepahead.com.au>
Website:
http://www.pagebloom.com <blocked::http://www.pagebloom.com/>
http://develop.stepaheadsoftware.com
<blocked::http://develop.stepaheadsoftware.com/>

RE: IE redirect error with recent snapshot due to extra './'

Posted by Chris Colman <ch...@stepaheadsoftware.com>.
Quickstart has been added to JIRA issue with instructions on how to reproduce.

Posted by Sven Meier <sv...@meiers.net>.
Hi Chris,

we'll find a solution, see my comments on WICKET-4260.

Sven

Posted by Chris Colman <ch...@stepaheadsoftware.com>.

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.

Posted by Chris Colman <ch...@stepaheadsoftware.com>.