Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Konrad Billewicz <kb...@infovide.pl> on 2005/12/12 23:23:14 UTC

Executing not the main action of the portlet

Subject is quite mysterious but I had no better idea...

I have a struts portlets (this doesn't have any importance probably). The
main thing is that I would like to be able to tell Jetspeed which action he
should execute inside portlet instead of default view action (defined in
portlet.xml). I think it would solve my problems. I thought about some
special link pattern like "somePage.psml?action=/someAction.do". Is it
possible to do?

Why I need this?...

I wish to execute actions from one portlet (menu) in other (body). In order
to do this, I have made many pages (.psml files) with the common menu
portlet and separate body portlets. Links in the menu portlet are like
"/somePage.psml". But...

Each page has it's own body portlet (they differ only on view action). It's
quite ok, but not exactly what I want because Jetspeed knows that each body
portlet is separate portlet and handles them as separate portlets (for
exapmple, he remembers last visited action separately). I wish to handle
some of them separately and some as one portlet. Currently it isn't possible
bacause the only way I know to ececute action in other portlet is to load
new page with other portlet inside. I tried some hacks on Jetspeed but with
no satisfying effects.

If you have any other ideas how to solve my problems, please share them. :-)

Best regards,
Konrad Billewicz