Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by Pablo Graña <pa...@globant.com> on 2010/07/10 20:38:41 UTC

json vs json-simple

Hi All.

We are starting working on integrating shindig in our own platform. We have
a couple of doubts:

- Which version is more stable? there is a 2.0-rc1 tag, and a 1.1-beta5. The
beta5 is published in repo1, so that is the one we are using. We have no
preferences over which spec to use (0.9 or 1.0).

- The project uses json and json-simple. Are both strictly necessary? Which
would you pick? We are also needing a json library, and we don't want to add
a new dependency, and we would like to save some refactor in case shindig
chooses one or the other.

Thanks a lot, and congrats for the excellent work.

--
Pablo Gra\~na
Chief Architect

Re: json vs json-simple

Posted by Han Nguyen <hn...@us.ibm.com>.
The open source clearance for the replacement JSON library is taking us
more than expected. We anticipate to contribute the code mid September.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SHINDIG-1342
Han

From:   Pablo Graña <pa...@globant.com>
To:     dev@shindig.apache.org
Date:   07/14/2010 09:37 PM
Subject:        Re: json vs json-simple

We'll go for 1.1 Beta5 for now. And use org.json.

Thanks a lot for your answer.

Re: json vs json-simple

Posted by Pablo Graña <pa...@globant.com>.

Re: json vs json-simple