Posted to dev@fineract.apache.org by Victor Romero <vi...@fintecheando.mx> on 2019/07/21 21:47:32 UTC

TimeZone issues on Fineract/Mifos

Hi mates,

While working with different customers we interact with many platforms,
some located in Mexico and in another countries. For the transactions we
use the timestamps type (not only date or time). By default the servers
use UTC.

We have solved adding variables and also documented some steps that
needs to be set as part of the installation of Fineract and Mifos X
(MySQL, MariaDB, Linux and Tomcat).

We have found some tickers in Jira i.e.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FINERACT-276 but is there are
another open?

We want to help on fixing the Time Zone issues.

Please let me know how they can be assigned to me in order to close them.

Regards

Victor

Re: TimeZone issues on Fineract/Mifos

Posted by Dylan Robson <dy...@gmail.com>.
Hi Victor,

Also of interest might be FINERACT-723 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FINERACT-723> "Integration tests fail when the default tenant has a different time-zone than the system(s) running the application and database servers”
I am looking into this right now as well.

Regards
—Dylan

Posted by DevOps FinTecheando <de...@fintecheando.mx>.
Yes for sure. The docker compose that you have created is great to be used for setting the time zone.

If anyone has used Java 8 & connector J 8 for Mysql for sure has faced the timezone issues.

The changes are also in the DB URL in the server.xml and other properties used by Flyway.

Regards

Victor

⁣Obtener BlueMail para Android ​

Posted by Awasum Yannick <aw...@apache.org>.
Hi Victor,

Please login to JIRA and comment here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FINERACT-276

I cannot find your username. By commenting, I will be able to see it.

Thanks

Posted by VIctor Romero <vi...@fintecheando.mx>.
Hi Awasum,

Posted by Michael Vorburger <mi...@vorburger.ch>.