Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by santas <be...@yahoo.co.in> on 2007/01/04 13:17:29 UTC

new to jetspeed

hi all

            I am new to jetspeed. I just installed jetspeed on my machine
but confused where to start.
can any body give me links to very basic tutorial or documents for jetspeed
I searched a lot but not able to get something very specific to the basics
I woult like to start from directory structure for a simple jetspeed project

Thank You

Re: new to jetspeed

Posted by santas <be...@yahoo.co.in>.
hi
    Thank you very much for your advice
It solved my problem. What i was doing is that in Eclipse i directly export
my project
to a war file thae .class file wad not there in classes folder

Thanks  You Very Much :)

Wil be back again as i am new to Jetspeed and portlets

Thank you again :-)

Re: new to jetspeed

Posted by Philip Mark Donaghy <ph...@gmail.com>.
Hi again,

On 1/12/07, santas <be...@yahoo.co.in> wrote:

> hi
>      now that problem is resolved but next one comes in
>
>     it is giving me following error
>
> org.apache.jetspeed.factory.JetspeedPortletFactory - Cannot create Portlet
> instance Simplest for Portlet Application simplest
> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Simplest

You may have run the javac command in the wrong place. The
Simplest.class file should be in the WEB-INF/classes directory.

Philip

> I am trying to resolve it.
> Can any body help me out :)
>

> Thank you :)
>

> PhilipMD wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > On 1/12/07, santas <be...@yahoo.co.in> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi
> >>      I tried the simplest example Jetspeed Simple Portlet Guide on
> >> jetspeed
> >> web site
> >> But what error i am getting is that
> >>

> >>     Title Error: Cannot pass a null PortletDefinition to a PortletEntity.
> >> Failed to retrieve Portlet Definition for simplest::SimplestFailed to
> >> retrieve Portlet Definition for
> >> simplest::Simplestjava.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cannot pass a null
> >> PortletDefinition to a PortletEntity.Failed to retrieve Portlet
> >> Definition
> >> for simplest::SimplestFailed to retrieve Portlet Definition for
> >> simplest::Simplest
> >>

> > It is possible that you included the portlet-api jar in your war.
> > Remove it if this is the case.
> >
> > Philip
> >

> >> Thank You :)

> >> machine

> >> mirrors:

> > --
> > Philip Donaghy
> > donaghy.blogspot.com del.icio.us/donaghy/philip
> > Skype: philipmarkdonaghy
> > Office: +33 5 56 60 88 02
> > Mobile: +33 6 20 83 22 62

Philip Donaghy