Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Jason Goh <ja...@ecquaria.com> on 2002/08/28 13:29:53 UTC

task classpath problem - please help!

Hi,

I'm writing an installer that uses a GUI to get input from the user. These values are subsequently pumped into an ANT script that installs the product.

I'm currently experiencing a problem with the <java> task:

The installer calls this target:

<target name="testload">
  <parallel>
    <antcall target="start-AppServer"/>
    <sequential>
      ... (do various stuff)
    </sequential>
  </parallel>
</target>

The target above calls this target (which starts the OC4J app server with the specified classpath):

<target name="start-AppServer>
  <echo message="*** Starting OC4J Application Server ***"/>
  <java fork="true" dir="${ias.root}" failonerror="true" classname="com.evermind.server.ApplicationServer">
    <arg value="-verbosity"/>
    <arg value="10"/>
    <classpath>
      <pathelement path="${oc4j.classpath}"/>
    </classpath>
  </java>
</target>

When fired from the GUI, I guess a java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/ejb/SessionBean error in the app server logs.  However, when I run the script manually (i.e. off command prompt: ant -f install.xml testload) it works fine.  What could be wrong?  I've done the following checks:

1. fork="true"
2. correct classpath
3. correct app server root (ias.root)

The GUI is a swing app that uses the ANT api to fire off the build by the way.  I was wondering, could the classloader have anything to do with this?  If so, how can I specify a classpath to the java task?  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...thanks!!!

Regards,

Jason Goh