Posted to dev@openjpa.apache.org by Teresa Kan <tc...@gmail.com> on 2007/09/04 16:26:20 UTC

Re: FetchGroup and FetchAttribute question

Pinaki,
I used the debugger to check that the FetchGroup was added when the
application explicitly added that FetchGroup.
I attached the testcase in this note. Please noted that I did not use the
Assert to verify the result because I'm not sure about the outcome. I used
the println to print out the result instead.

Thanks,
Teresa

Posted by Teresa Kan <tc...@gmail.com>.
Pinaki,
Thanks for the confirmation.. I saw that you open two jiras for the
following issues. Regards to the LoadFetchGroup, I found that when the
entity is removed, the fieldMetaData about this fetch was lost. Then the
following getLoadFetchGroup always return null. Hope it help you debug the
problem..

I will try to get the 573750 this weekend and test it. Thanks !

Teresa

Posted by Pinaki Poddar <pp...@bea.com>.
Hello Teresa,

> The test result showed #2, #3, #5 and #6 were incorrect.

I could reproduce these errors.

After some analysis following are my observations:
A) The use case where fetch group A includes fetch group B was not
handled properly
B) The recursion depth calculation for a field f which belongs to
multiple fetch
Groups but not all of them are active in a given configuration -- has a
bug
C) The LoadFetchGroup related failure is still under investigation.

As of revision 573750 (A) and (B) have been corrected against your
tests.

Pinaki Poddar
972.834.2865

Notice:  This email message, together with any attachments, may contain information  of  BEA Systems,  Inc.,  its subsidiaries  and  affiliated entities,  that may be confidential,  proprietary,  copyrighted  and/or legally privileged, and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity named in this message. If you are not the intended recipient, and have received this message in error, please immediately return this by email and then delete it.

Re: FetchGroup and FetchAttribute question

Posted by Teresa Kan <tc...@gmail.com>.
Pinaki,

Posted by Pinaki Poddar <pp...@bea.com>.
Teresa,