Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Wilson, William N" <wi...@lmco.com> on 2002/09/18 19:01:57 UTC

Connecting IPlanet and Tomcat

I've tried connecting IPlanet to Tomcat and I cannot find a binary copy of
the redirector for Solaris 8.  I do not have a compiler on the Sun box. Does
anyone have any ideas where I might find this file?

Thanks,

Bill

RE: Connecting IPlanet and Tomcat

Posted by Jerry Birchler <jr...@attbi.com>.
download the gnu c++ compiler from
ftp://ftp.sunfreeware.com/pub/freeware/sparc/8/gcc-3.2-sol8-sparc-local.gz

and the tomcat connectors source distribution from
http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/release/v4.0.4/src/

Take the zip file, as the gzip file will most likely fail with checksum
errors on Solaris.

gnu Zip is on the www.sunfreeware.com site and it comes with the software
companion CD for solaris 8.

Please let me know if you get this working. I have been trying this on Linux
with no success. I have yet to try it on my SPARC box.

I've tried connecting IPlanet to Tomcat and I cannot find a binary copy of
the redirector for Solaris 8.  I do not have a compiler on the Sun box. Does
anyone have any ideas where I might find this file?

Thanks,

Bill

For additional commands, e-mail:
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>