Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Ed Korthof <ed...@organic.com> on 1997/01/07 19:56:48 UTC

Limiting Connections by IP

The attached patch is the one I described.  It was made against 1.2b2 --
if there are any problems applying it to more recent source code, I'll
make it again.

Most of the code requires LIMIT_CONNECTIONS_BY_IP to be defined (as a
compiler define), and it all requires STATUS to do anything.  I removed
the #if defined(...) for some of the sections so that a apache would know
what to do with the configuration directive even that isn't defined as
one of the compiler flags. I used compiler defines because I figured this
is like STATUS; adds overhead, and should be optional.  The configuration
directive is MaxServersPerIP, and takes an integer argument.

Any questions or problems, please mail me.  I've done some testing, all on
Solaris 2.5.

Would it be possible to add this to the standard code base after 1.2?

     -- Ed Korthof        |  Web Server Engineer --
     -- ed@organic.com    |  Organic Online, Inc --
     -- (415) 278-5676    |  Fax: (415) 284-6891 --