Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by Ken Turner <ke...@kbturner.co.uk> on 2007/11/29 15:30:25 UTC

Upgrade from Continuum 1.0.3 to 1.1

I've tried following the instructions given
http://maven.apache.org/continuum/documentation/1_1/installation/upgrade.html
here  to convert my 1.0.3 database to 1.1, but none of it makes very much
sense in the context of my existing 1.0.3 directory structure:

1. There aren't two databases, only one.
2. The jdbc:derby:${old.continuum.home}/data/continuum/database and
jdbc:derby:${old.continuum.home}/data/users/database parameters provided
don't match my structure.
3. The section entitled Specific steps to do before to import also make no
sense: I cannot trace the builds.xml file under backup directory in my
structure.

Am I missing something here?

Re: Upgrade from Continuum 1.0.3 to 1.1

Posted by Geraud Geraud <ge...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I'm trying to upgrade from 1.0.3 to 1.1, but without success.
The environnement is :
Maven 2.0.7
Mysql Ver 14.7 Distrib 4.1.11, for pc-linux-gnu (i386)

I launch the upgrade tools with the following command:
java -Xmx512m -jar data-management-cli-1.1-beta-4-app.jar -buildsJdbcUrl
jdbc:mysql://localhost:3307/continuum -databaseFormat CONTINUUM_103
-databaseType OTHER -driverClass com.mysql.jdbc.Driver -groupId mysql
-artifactId mysql-connector-java -artifactVersion 3.1.12 -username sa
-password password  -mode EXPORT -directory /opt/lutece/continuum_backups

I get the following exception:

ERROR :

Exception in thread "main"
org.codehaus.plexus.component.repository.exception.ComponentLookupException:
Unable to lookup component '
org.apache.maven.continuum.management.DataManagementTool', it could not be
created
        at org.codehaus.plexus.DefaultComponentLookupManager.lookup(
DefaultComponentLookupManager.java:151)
        at org.codehaus.plexus.DefaultPlexusContainer.lookup(
DefaultPlexusContainer.java:333)
        at
org.apache.maven.continuum.management.DataManagementCli.processDatabase(
DataManagementCli.java:245)
        at org.apache.maven.continuum.management.DataManagementCli.main(
DataManagementCli.java:158)
Caused by:
org.codehaus.plexus.component.factory.ComponentInstantiationException: Could
not instantiate component: role: '
org.apache.maven.continuum.management.DataManagementTool', implementation: '
org.apache.maven.continuum.management.LegacyJdoDataManagementTool', role
hint: 'legacy-continuum-jdo' realm: app
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.component.factory.java.JavaComponentFactory.makeException
(JavaComponentFactory.java:113)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.component.factory.java.JavaComponentFactory.newInstance(
JavaComponentFactory.java:87)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.component.manager.AbstractComponentManager.createComponentInstance
(AbstractComponentManager.java:239)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.component.manager.AbstractComponentManager.createComponentInstance
(AbstractComponentManager.java:128)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.component.manager.ClassicSingletonComponentManager.getComponent
(ClassicSingletonComponentManager.java:90)
        at org.codehaus.plexus.DefaultComponentLookupManager.lookup(
DefaultComponentLookupManager.java:147)
        ... 3 more
org/apache/maven/continuum/store/ContinuumStoreException
        at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredConstructors(Class.java:2357)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.component.factory.java.JavaComponentFactory.newInstance(
JavaComponentFactory.java:66)
        ... 7 more

When I launch with data-management-cli-1.1-app.jar, the exception is
shorter:
        at
org.apache.maven.continuum.management.DataManagementCli.downloadArtifact(
DataManagementCli.java:364)
        at
org.apache.maven.continuum.management.DataManagementCli.processDatabase(
DataManagementCli.java:198)
        at org.apache.maven.continuum.management.DataManagementCli.main(
DataManagementCli.java:170)

Could someone help me?

--
GĂ©raud

Re: Upgrade from Continuum 1.0.3 to 1.1

Posted by Ken Turner <ke...@kbturner.co.uk>.
Toli,

"Let me know if you've figured out a way to migrate from 1.0.3 to 1.1. i'd
be interested to know."  Well I gave up pretty quickly, and worked around
the problem by having both versions up at the same time, and copy/pasted all
the info from 1.0.3 to 1.1.  Fortunately this wasn't a big job for me
because I've only got about 12 builds.  It does of course mean that I have
lost all my history, but that's not too serious.

You can fairly easily look at the underlying databases, using for example,
SQuirrel SQL Client, and you might be able to figure out a way of
transferring the data from 1.0.3 to 1.1 using SQL.

Good luck!

Ken

Re: Upgrade from Continuum 1.0.3 to 1.1

Posted by Toli Kuznets <to...@marketcetera.com>.
Ken,

Let me know if you've figured out a way to migrate from 1.0.3 to 1.1 -
i'd be interested to know. I found this comment from Emmanuel saying
that it may be possible to use the process specified the guide but i
haven't tried it yet:
"You can test the datamangement tool described in the upgrade guide
with this parameter (-databaseFormat CONTINUUM_103) added to the
export command in this page."

On 11/29/07, Ken Turner <ke...@kbturner.co.uk> wrote:

> I've tried following the instructions given
> http://maven.apache.org/continuum/documentation/1_1/installation/upgrade.html
> here  to convert my 1.0.3 database to 1.1, but none of it makes very much
> sense in the context of my existing 1.0.3 directory structure:
>
> 1. There aren't two databases, only one.
> 2. The jdbc:derby:${old.continuum.home}/data/continuum/database and
> jdbc:derby:${old.continuum.home}/data/users/database parameters provided
> don't match my structure.
> 3. The section entitled Specific steps to do before to import also make no
> sense: I cannot trace the builds.xml file under backup directory in my
> structure.
>
> Am I missing something here?

Toli Kuznets
http://www.marketcetera.com: Open-Source Trading Platform