Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Joseph Pachod <jp...@thomas-daily.de> on 2010/01/18 09:46:25 UTC

Escaping variable declaration/resolution in properties files

Hi

I would like to add some text containing ${variable} in a XML properties
file, for an error message. This text of a variable declaration should
be rendered as it is.

However, wicket always tries to resolve this variable, and thus I get
this exception :
WicketMessage: Exception 'java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Value of
variable [[_variable]] could not be resolved while interpolating [[Input
cannot contains text like ${_variable}]]' occurred during validation
foo.steps.VariablesNotAcceptedValidator on component
1:generalForm:generalAttributes.jobName

Is there a clean way to avoid it ?

thanks in advance

--
Joseph Pachod
IT

THOMAS DAILY GmbH
Adlerstraße 19
79098 Freiburg
Deutschland
T  + 49 761 3 85 59 310
F  + 49 761 3 85 59 550
E  joseph.pachod@thomas-daily.de
www.thomas-daily.de

Geschäftsführer/Managing Directors:
Wendy Thomas, Susanne Larbig
Handelsregister Freiburg i.Br., HRB 3947

Registrieren Sie sich unter www.signin.thomas-daily.de für die kostenfreien TD Morning News, eine  Auswahl aktueller Themen des Tages morgens um 9:00 in Ihrer Mailbox.

Hinweis: Der Redaktionsschluss für unsere TD Morning News ist täglich um 8:30 Uhr. Es werden vorrangig Informationen berücksichtigt, die nach 16:00 Uhr des Vortages eingegangen sind. Die Email-Adresse unserer Redaktion lautet redaktion@thomas-daily.de.

To receive the free TD News International - a selection of the day's top issues delivered to your mail box every day - please register at www.signin.thomas-daily.de

Please note: Information received for our TD News International after 4 p.m. will be given priority for publication the following day. The daily editorial deadline is 8:30 a.m. You can reach our editorial staff at redaktion@thomas-daily.de.

Re: Escaping variable declaration/resolution in properties files

Posted by Joseph Pachod <jp...@thomas-daily.de>.
kirillkh wrote:
> VariableInterpolator.java says:
> "$" is the escape char. Thus "$${text}" can be used to escape it (ignore
> interpretation).

Thanks a lot, it works fine.

Posted by kirillkh <ki...@gmail.com>.