Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Ufuk Celebi <uc...@apache.org> on 2016/06/02 11:14:41 UTC

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Build Issues Solved

With the recent fixes, the builds are more stable, but I still see
many failing, because of the Scala shell tests, which lead to the JVMs
crashing. I've researched this a little bit, but didn't find an
obvious solution to the problem.

Does it make sense to disable the tests until someone has time to look into it?

– Ufuk

Posted by Maximilian Michels <mx...@apache.org>.
I think this is related to the Yarn bug with the YarnSessionCli we
just fixed. The problem is that forked processes of the Surefire
plugin communicate via STDIN. The Scala Shell also reads from STDIN
which results in a deadlock from time to time...

Created an issue for that: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-4010

Posted by Ufuk Celebi <uc...@apache.org>.

Posted by Maximilian Michels <mx...@apache.org>.
I thought this had been fixed by Chiwan in the meantime. Could you
post a build log?