Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Vijayender <vi...@strandgenomics.com> on 2003/07/08 14:54:59 UTC

how to monitor the progress of the attachment part

Developer Community,

Could you kindly tell me how to implement streaming using SOAP messages
and attachment parts.

I want to watch the progress of the file/message thats getting
transfered from server to the client.

Thanks in anticipation,
vijayender

Re: how to monitor the progress of the attachment part

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@iseran.com>.
Vijayender wrote:
> Developer Community,
>
> Could you kindly tell me how to implement streaming using SOAP messages
> and attachment parts.
>
> I want to watch the progress of the file/message thats getting
> transfered from server to the client.

Nobody has implemented that -yet. This could be an opportunity to
contribute something to axis :)

Actually, I have a vague idea how to hack it in without changing the
axis core, and that is by subclassing the classes that act as sources to
the data, the DataHandler, and tack in the progress callbacks into that
method.

So instead of calling back into your app when a given %age of the upload
has taken place, your data handler calls the app when a given %age of
the data has been read, which should map to the same thing

-steve