Posted to infrastructure-dev@apache.org by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/07 14:45:19 UTC

Re: Making git mirror synchronized on every commit

Hi,

On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 3:48 PM, Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Good idea. I've now modified the email script to update the Cocoon git
> mirror as soon as a single-part commit message or the first part of
> multi-part notification is received.

This setup seems to be working fine, and I plan to start extending it
to other projects as well.

The git-svn update per commit typically takes just a few seconds, so I
don't think it is loading the svn server too badly. Also, most of the
mirrors I have see fewer than a commit per day, so switching to
update-per-commit (I'll probably still keep running something like a
forced weekly or monthly update just to catch up with any lost commit
notifications) will actually reduce the total number of svn hits that
my mirror server is generating.

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: Making git mirror synchronized on every commit

Posted by Matthieu Riou <ma...@offthelip.org>.
On Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 5:42 PM, Jean-Sebastien Delfino <jsdelfino@apache.org
> wrote:

> Matthieu Riou wrote:
>

>> Would you mind changing the settings of ODE to use update-per-commit? I'm
>> trying to see if I can configure git and git-svn to use your git mirror as
>> read source and the official Apache SVN for push. This way we could deal
>> with the Apache SVN repository almost like with a native git repository. I
>> think I'm getting close but the delay in seeing my own commits makes
>> testing
>> a little long :)
>>
>> Of course I'll share my settings once I get them to work.
>>
>> Thanks!
>> Matthieu
>>

> Hi,
>
> Did you ever get that to work? and it works would you mind sharing your
> settings?

I had to give up for a little while but I think Alexis just got it to work
on Friday at ApacheCon. I'll ask him to post his setup once the details are
ironed out.

Matthieu

Posted by Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org>.

Posted by Matthieu Riou <ma...@offthelip.org>.
On Sat, Oct 18, 2008 at 5:30 PM, Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 11:49 PM, Matthieu Riou <ma...@offthelip.org>
> wrote:
> > Would you mind changing the settings of ODE to use update-per-commit?
>
> No problem. The ODE mirror is now automatically updated based on
> commit notifications on commits@ode.apache.org.

Thanks!

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,