Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Raj Floyd <ra...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/17 19:12:31 UTC

Aegis: Mapping File

Hi,

What is the advantage of using Aegis mapping file? I went through the
samples that had Aegis example. The mapping file had the mapped name as
'greeting'. The actual parameter name was 'text'. I ran the sample, saw the
generated WSDL where it reflected 'greeting' as a param name and the SOAP
payload also had the name 'greeting'. My question is:

1. Do we use mapping file to give some appropriate name to the method params
or return types say instead of 'arg0' or 'return' ? How does it help? Why
would I do it versus why can't I simply invoke my service method without
bothering about mapping file? (ofcourse with Aegis databinding).

Thx

Raj

Re: Aegis: Mapping File

Posted by Raj Floyd <ra...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Benson. One more question:

Say if I decide not to use Aegis mapping file, how will I know that I am
using Aegis databinding. I have already set my client and server code to use
Aegis databinding (setDatabinding(..)). But how will I ensure that I am
indeed using Aegis and not other databinding. Is there any way to test?

Thx

Raj

Re: Aegis: Mapping File

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.